Monday, December 7, 2009

Just wanted to post about my Pasta Fagioli soup I made last Friday. While I was trying to post the recipe I used, we had a power outage. So here is the recipe.
I received my package from my swap partner for the cookie cutter swap. I will be posting about it.



Pasta Fagioli
2 stalks of celery chopped
1 onion chopped
3 cloves of garlic minced
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
salt to taste
(I also added fresh ground black pepper)
1- 14.5 oz can chicken broth
2 medium tomatoes peeled and chopped
(I used 1 can of tomatoes)
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1/2 cup uncooked spinach pasta
(I used Whacky Mac veggie shaped pasta)
1 15 oz can cannellini beans with liquid
I added cut up chicked breast to mine.
I wanted some meat in my soup.
In large pan over medium heat cook celery, onion,
garlic, parsley, Italian seasoning, Red pepper & salt
until onion is translucent, I then add,my cut up chicken
I put in my garlic at the last so that it wouldn't
get too brown. Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes,
tomato sauceand simmer low for 15 to 20 minutes.
Add pasta and cook 1o minutes.
( I cooked my pasta seperate then added in)
Add undrained beans and mix well.
Heat through, serve warm.
Sprinkle with Parmeasan cheese.
I served mine with toasted french bread and a salad
with Tuscan Italian dressing.
It was really good!

post signature

1 comment: