Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Inspiration to help others

I hope all of you are doing great this fine Wednesday.  I'm holding my own.  I've been having lots of trials in my life.  I do have to say there is a silver lining under those dark clouds.  Last week at Between job Ministry, I helped pray for a young mans, girlfriends Grandmother, what an awesome thing to be able to do for someone whom I don't know or will probably never see again.  Then today I had a good chat with an older man who was thankful that I gave him some good ideas on how to make his dream of owning a barbeque business happen.  This all reminds me of the book that I'm reading.  It's called Living God's Way.  Here is an excert from the book.  I will probably post some things from the book from time to time. 

The Inner Circle
 
The Proverb tells us, "As iron sharpens iron, so people can improve each other"  (Proverbs 27:17) One of the best tools for sharpening our character is to seek out accountability and encouragement from other people. 
Take a minute to prayerfully consider the relationship in your life.  Is there someone whose wisdom you admire, someone you might want to ask to be you mentor?
Is there someone you'd like to take under your wings?
Do you think you have the kind of close friends who want to see you become your best?
Once you've taken stock of your relationships, think about what steps you might need to take next, and then take those steps, whether it's nurturing an existing friendship or seeking out new ones.  Remember that God goes with you, and that the friendships He brings your way have the potential to make you spiritually stronger and sharper. 

Be united with other Christians.  A wall with loose bricks is not good. The bricks must be cemented together. Corrie Ten Boom.

What a wonderful message.  I'm glad I could share this with you.  Please let me know if this has helped anyone out there, I would love to know. 

I haven't had much time to sew lately or even paint any thing.  Some times the crafts have to take a back seat.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your doing better, we must take each day as it was meant.

    ReplyDelete