Friday, July 29, 2011

Finally! paper bag swap pictures

I guess it's better late than never...here are some pictures of what I made for my swap partner and what I received in return.  This was fun.  I had a great time figuring out what to make for Jammie.  What we did was she had to send me 2 fat quarters and some embroidery thread. I had to also send her 2 fat quarters and embroidery thread.

Here is what  I made for Jammie:


My pictures are out of order....but I'm just going with it..........as you can see the above is a bird.  Hard to see the embroidery thread around the wings, tail and eyes.  Next is the fabric and thread before cutting.



Then I decided on a mug run...I just made this up as I went.  Really a bad picture.  The applique is a flower and a leaf.  I embroidered in the corners of the squares.  Machine appliqued the flower and the leaf.



Next is what I received from Jammie.  I sent her the (and it's hard to see) the Chicken fabric, the black and white checkered fabric and red embroidery thread.  We could also send extra decorations.  I sent buttons, ( I love all kinds of button), and some rick rack, I also love rick rack.  Jammie done such a fabulous job quilting. she even did a really great thing on the back....see next picture.


Thanks again Jammie and many thank to Darlene of Snickerdoodle dreams for hosting this swap!
More pictures later of my current projects I made for my sister.
Have a great weekend!
Yee Haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment