Monday, June 14, 2010

Garden Talk and It's been a while!

I know it's been a while since my last post, but I'm sure you all out there haven't missed me because you have all kinds of other blogs to visit.  Anyway I have been quite busy and just haven't had time to post.  I am trying to still find a full time job.  And my father-in law is being moved to an Alzheimer facility.  So I've been rather busy.  
Today I'm just going to post about my "little" garden.  Normally in this space I put flowers.  But I decided this year I would put in some vegetables and give it a try.  Well it's really too shaded in this space but here are my pictures of my little garden.  

A few tomatoes, I already used a green one cut up into my fried squash.  If you've never had that give it a try.Here is what I did. 
My recipe for fried summer squash
 All I did was cut up summer squash, (zucchini, and yellow squash) cut up a green tomato, cut up a red potato, seasoned to taste, I used a variety of seasonings.  I then put flour, and I learned a really good trick, I had a package of hush puppy mix, the kind that has onion flavorings, I took a couple of spoon fulls and added that to my dry mixture, along with a little cornmeal.  dumped all this into the bowl and then sauté some onion and a little garlic in the pan then pan fried all the squash, green tomato, red potato until brown.  Sure was good! 


Look at the cute little cucumber!!!! I have a lot of blooms on the cucumber vines, I do hope I have some.  See all those other vines, I have so many coming up because normally I have flowers in this space. 


Green bean vines....


More green bean vines....


Herbs....also my grass needs to be cut....add it to my list...


Until next time.........

No comments:

Post a Comment